Newave Music & Arts are seeking to appoint a Music Tutor / Leader who will be responsible for leading weekly instrumental delivery in schools across Birmingham. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience teaching Whole Class Instrumental lessons, as well as small group instrumental tuition.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for music education and the arts and have a proven track record of delivering high quality music lessons to children and young people.
As a Music Tutor / Leader working for Newave, you will be expected to deliver engaging instrumental lessons of the highest possible standard. You will take pride in planning exciting lessons to enthuse and inspire the children and young people that you work with and prepare any resources to support this.
Applicants should be confident, energetic and positive and have previous experience delivering quality music tuition and supporting students through music examinations. We are particularly keen to hear from individuals who specialise in Rock & Pop delivery and are comfortable and confident leading Whole Class Instrumental Delivery
You will be expected to:
- Deliver high quality, inspirational instrumental lessons to Young People
- Have experience leading whole class instrumental delivery (Ukulele, Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion)
- Lead one to one and small group instrumental lessons
- Have experience in preparing students for examinations
- Be a specialist who has a strong knowledge of your subject
- Prepare all necessary planning and resources
- Successfully manage classroom behaviour with confidence
- Identify pupils with SEND and differentiate lessons accordingly
- Think on your feet and be flexible to adapt to school needs
- Set a positive example to pupils by being enthusiastic, fun and inspiring
- Lead and co-ordinate pupil performances where necessary
- Develop strong working relationships with school staff