Music Job Opportunity with Newave Arts
Newave Music & Arts are seeking to appoint a Music Tutor / Leader who will be responsible for leading weekly whole class and small group instrumental teaching to primary and secondary schools across Birmingham and the Midlands. We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience delivering music in the classroom environment and have a good understanding of behaviour management. At present, we are looking to appointment specialists in Guitar, Drums and Keyboard.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for music and the arts and have an have proven track record of delivering high quality music lessons to primary school students
As a Music Tutor / Leader working for Newave, you will be expected to deliver engaging instrumental lessons to the highest possible standard. You will take pride in planning exciting lessons which enthuse and inspire the children and young people that you work with and prepare any resources to support this.
Applicants should be confident, energetic and positive and have previous experience of leading instrumental provision and supporting student through music examinations. We are particularly keen to hear from individuals who specialise in Rock & Pop delivery and are comfortable and confident leading Whole Class Instrumental Delivery.
You will be expected to:
- Deliver high quality, inspirational instrumental lessons to Young People
- Have experience leading whole class instrumental delivery (Ukulele, Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion)
- Lead one to one and small group instrumental lessons
- Have experience in preparing students for examinations
- Lead after school groups
- Be a specialist who has a strong knowledge of your subject
- Prepare all necessary planning and resources
- Successfully manage classroom behaviour with confidence
- Identify pupils with SEND and differentiate lessons accordingly
- Think on your feet and be flexible to adapt to school needs
- Set a positive example to pupils by being enthusiastic, fun and inspiring
- Lead and co-ordinate pupil performances where necessary
- Develop strong working relationships with school staff